Laziest Girl In Town - Bioderma Crealine H2O Micellaire Solution, Sensitive Skin

I am completely guilty of the worst 'do as I say and not as I do,' crime when it comes to skin care. I rarely wash my face before I go to bed at night. Or at least I used to be guilty of this crime before I discovered another fabulous secret from my sisters in France, micellar water.

French women cannot be bothered to wash their face. Actually, the common wisdom is that the water in France was infamously harsh, so really out of necessity they needed an alternative. I prefer however to imagine Marlene Dietrich as the Laziest Girl In Town.



Many people confuse this with makeup remover. Don't do that. This is not going to remove your water proof shellac. If you typically require an eye makeup remover, do not skip it. Micellar water simply replaces the step of water and cleanser in your routine. Which for some reason I cannot manage to do at night otherwise. I must have been a fabulous french woman in a past life.    

Anyway, oil molecules (micelles) suspended in soft water gently draw the dirt, oil, and impurities out of your pores and clean your skin. It sounds crazy I know. You use a cotton pad to wipe the solution all over your face and neck and then a dry pad to wipe the water and grit off your skin. This step is very important. The product repeatedly states that you must not let the solution air dry on your face. I suppose if you do, you're leaving both micelle oil molecules AND dirt on your skin. That can't be good.

In any case, a quick swipe of the product on and a quick swipe of the product off and you're good to go. I use a sensitive skin version which does not replace my moisturizing step. Although there are some versions that claim do do so. This is not the case with the Bioderma product covered here. Often I choose to get even more frenchy with an application of Argan Oil after some sort of serum. Why not?  

Look, all I can say is I'm washing my face like a french whore most nights and I couldn't be prouder of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like

The Controversial Ordinary

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.