The Best Pre-made Hydrating Japanese Lotion Mask Ever

You have already seen me mention Japanese paper lotion masks on this blog. I love them very much. My DIY directions can be found here: Japanese Lotion Mask. It's a beautiful thing I promise. That said, I have found a pre-made version that is literally sent from heaven. Well maybe not literally, but pretty darn close. It truly is a miracle worker. I get most of my imports from Amazon and you can find it there under the name Rohto Hada-Labo Goku-jun Hyaluronic Facial Mask 20ml x 4 sheets (Japan Import). 


So here's the thing. I had a difficult birthday to face this month. So I broke out my Special Night Tricks & Tips (except sleep, I didn't get enough sleep) and this mask during my prep for a Dolly Parton themed birthday party.




Take a good look at my skin in this picture folks (forgive the gigantic fake eyelashes & crazy, costume wig). Thanks to this hyaluronic mask from Hado-Lobo this 44 year old birthday girl felt a little less like Methuselah. I swear to you there is no Photoshop or Instragram filter applied to this photo. If you don't see wrinkles, trust that the very recent application of this hyaluronic mask had a lot to do with it. You've heard me go on about hyaluronic acid before but I cannot stress enough how beneficial it is for over 40 skin. This intense treatment mask filled with the stuff plumps up your skin with moisture. The appearance of wrinkles is greatly diminished. It really is a small miracle.


Now when I was in my early 30's I didn't really get hyaluronic acid because I didn't need it. So keep that in mind if you are younger than, say, 35. It will feel nice and your skin will look nice, but you won't be as shocked by the results because you already have young (damn you), hydrated skin.


Directions for use:
First of all, don't waste it on your bed time or bath time. Sure it is beneficial any time you use it but trust me when I say you are going to want the world to see you after you use this mask. There are four individually wrapped paper masks in the box. Open it up, carefully unfold the paper and apply it to your face. Spread any excess serum (and there will be excess) to your neck and chest area. Then let it sit there for at least 20 minutes. In theory you are supposed to leave these paper masks on until they dry but I have yet to make it long enough for this particular paper mask to dry out. The longer you leave it on the better however.


Well there you have it. This particular mask is one of my most consistently effective go to products. It sounds like a cliché but I really do panic when they are not in the house. Give it a try and let me know what you think! 
        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.