BB Cream - You're Welcome



Who is surprised really that a product from outside the country is swiftly becoming a cult phenomena?  In America, products are parsed out for each issue.  Got acne?  Here you go.  Need moisture?  Age spots?  American companies nickel and dime us to death really.  We’re jumping on the bandwagon though.  Clinique, Garnier and Smashbox have all come out with their version of a BB cream.  However I went to the source.

Let me circle back.  BB cream stands for blemish balm although apparently that term is copyrighted so most products say beblesh balm.  So what?  It’s a treatment for acne?  Yes, and so much more.  There are versions that gear more towards that end of the spectrum for sure.  The version I got after some research is geared towards me.  I get the occasional breakout but I’m also very sensitive and certainly need hydration so I chose a product from Elisha Coy.

Elisha Coy Premium Gold Mineral BB SPF45 PA+++ Whitening Anti-Wrinkle cream.  Wait a minute, a whitening, anti-wrinkle sunscreen that treats acne?  Huh?  How about a good coverage tinted moisturizer that has SPF45, whitening properties, treats breakouts, firms your skin, deeply hydrates, and highlights?

According to marketing materials, this Elisha Coy BB cream does 17 different things.  “Detox + Whitening + Wrinkle Care + Organic Sun Screen + Makeup Base + Foundation + Concealer + Moisturizer + Brightening + Lifting & Firming + Soothing + Pore tightening + Skin breathing + Skin balancing + Smoother skin + Even skin tone + Trouble Care.”  It seems like some of this is lost in translation but you can interpret the drift.

Caviar, royal jelly, deep sea water, marine collagen and amino acids (firming peptides y’all), lavender and organic chamomile extracts (calming/healing), hyaluronic acid (yes!), and detoxifying (shrug, promotes circulation?) gold all theoretically replace your moisturizer, foundation, primer, sunscreen, and highlighter.

Here’s what I do: with my classic t-zone I apply my serum all over and my regular moisturizer on my cheeks and neck.  Then I apply this BB cream.  A little goes a long way.  You can build the coverage but you don’t have to go nuts.  I then add the tiniest bit of concealer (much less than usual) to my dark circles, nose and chin.  Allow it to dry and set.  Then if you feel the need to add powder (I don’t) you can.  This is the daily regime.  For a special night out, I add primer on top (before the concealer) and then add the rest of my glam makeup.

Long story short, it’s doing so many great things to my skin (don’t forget the whitening!) while it’s also acting like great makeup.  Did I mention SPF 45?!  It’s hard to describe the pearl finish you also get with this stuff.  It reflects the light and blows you out so to speak, meaning you don’t notice the fine lines and wrinkles so much.

All I can say is I’m pretty damn excited about this.  I LOVE IT!  You’re welcome. 


ORIGINALLY POSTED BY AIMEE BOICE ON MAY 21, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.