Sonic Action


I love that little electric facial brush from the Pro X line I really do.  The gift fairy (present arrow to the heart!) however got me a Clarisonic over the Holidays and whoa baby do I see the difference.  It makes sense really.  A normal electric toothbrush is ten times better than manual brushing but a SONICARE toothbrush is 10 times better than your average electric toothbrush.  It’s that extra little sonic shaking motion that helps break up the grit and grime and let me tell you, our pores can use all the help they can get.

To clarify, the Pro X electric face brush does not necessarily replace your method of exfoliation.  On the other hand, the Clarisonic absolutely has exfoliating properties (the brush is stiffer) so pay attention to your skin.  You may or may not need additional exfoliation.  The older you get, the more exfoliation help you need so if you feel like you need more, do more.

I now use the Clarisonic once a day and do the Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel weekly, depending on the condition of my skin.  Nothing is set in stone.  If I need more or less I adjust.  One sign that you may be exfoliating too much may be a little break out from overworking your skin.  Back off and slow it down a little and your skin will bounce back to normal.

With that said, I am thrilled!  I am in LOVE with that Clarisonic!  If you’ve got the extra cash, make the investment.  If not, that’s ok, stick with the Pro X or your own form of manual exfoliation.  Just don’t skimp on whatever it is you do to get very clean (toner perhaps?), exfoliated skin people.  I cannot stress enough how key this is to healthy, beautiful skin.  Not doing this extremely important step makes all that money you’re spending on serums and crèmes go down the drain.  Plus, don’t forget, exfoliation promotes the production of collagen.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY AIMEE BOICE ON JANUARY 22, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like