Gel What?


 Normally I'm one for keeping my face creme simple and spending my money on serums.  I've been on this Japanese skincare kick recently however and came across this amazing product.  Now I'm hooked.

The Japanese are all about hyaluronic acid which makes them kindred spirits in my book.  You've heard me talk about this ingredient many times before.  I'm admittedly obsessed.  This particular product called Asahi R&d Suhada Shizuku Pack Gel All-in-one Beauty is positively loaded with hyaluronic acid, two kinds in fact.  

This gel takes the place of my moisturizer yet has a very unique texture.  They call it a gel for a reason, it melts into your skin and becomes almost the consistency of water as you rub it in.  You see and feel little droplets of water form as you rub the product into your skin.  It's quite literally the opposite of oily.  

According to the Japanese skincare guru Chizu Saeki, you know your skin is hydrated if you press your fingers gently into your skin and it clings a bit to your fingers as you pull them away.  All I can say is when I put this stuff on in the morning, my skin passes this test the entire day.         

What's in it you ask?  Well, the packaging is entirely in Japanese so I really had no clue until the Amazon store that sold me this product was kind enough translate.  Along with water, glycerin, and some other long words, it has both regular hyaluronic acid and hydrolized hyaluronic acid.  It also contains hydrolized collagen, placenta extract, soybean seed extract, glucosylceramide, water-soluble proteoglycan, and hydrogenated lecithin.  There are crosspolymers to thicken the gel and strangely enough ethanol, but I'm trying not to judge it too harshly for that (or the placenta for that matter).  

Because my skin is so plumped up and dewy moist!  Like I said, I’m hooked.   

Comments

Unknown said…
Where do i buy? I want one :)
aimeew said…
I purchase it on amazon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.