Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence; Essence-Like, Oil-Like


My dearest husband surprised me for my birthday last year by going to a beauty store in Korea Town, Los Angeles to buy me skin care. He says he finally figured it out. Skincare for me is like records and CDs are to him. I feel seen.

Thanks to the advice of some clearly knowledgeable sales clerks in Korea Town, he got me some truly delightful products. But for me to blog about a product I have to be madly in love. For the record I am currently out of my Huxley Oil Essence and it is frankly affecting my self esteem. This is not an exaggeration. Therefore it occurs to me that I really do need to spread the love on this one.

From what I understand Huxley is a favorite among flight attendants. Air travel is very dehydrating, I can see why they love it.

Is it an oil? Is it an essence? Is it a serum? I don't know. What is called a lotion in the US is not what is called a lotion in Korea. I have found that what I call a serum may or may not be described as an ampoule by someone else. One thing is clear after using this product for over a year, it is not a face oil. I get that it has oil in its formulation but it looks and acts like a delicious serum to me.

And oh what a serum it is. The Huxley slogan is "great things never come from comfort zones." This is in reference to its key ingredient prickly pear seed oil which comes from the harshest of environments in Morocco. The concept makes some sense when you realize cacti are known for being exceptionally good at retaining moisture.

However it works, this magical potion may be the most hydrating product I have ever put on my face. The results are amazing. My skin quickly soaks it up and feels plump with plenty of bounce back as a result. I live for bounce back.

For those of us that are ahem, older, hydration is key. There is nothing that screams wrinkles louder than a dehydrated face. I go to great lengths to keep my skin hydrated; hyaluronic acid pills and products, phytoceramide pills, various forms of exfoliation to absorb products better, great moisturizers, and so on. 

But believe it or not those of us who are older are also not immune to blemishes. Face oils are very popular these days but oily or combination skin, regardless of age, may not respond well to a face oil. The truth is I have quite a collection of beautiful face oils that sit around untouched because my face simply doesn't love them. Not only because I have combination skin but also because they seem to just sit on top of my face.

This serum manages to be very, very hydrating without being oily at all. My skin loves it. I highly recommend trying Huxley Secret of Sahara Oil Essence.

Let me know what you think!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Controversial Ordinary

To Good Genes or not to Good Genes. That is the Question.